Friday, October 1, 2010

Time On My Hands

I spent a lot of time getting things done so I could  -  spend my free time with the drink, enjoy the drink, shop for the drink and just generally plan my day around the drink. Friday nights were the best... work week done, planning week-end projects/errands and just enjoying time that was my own. Once the clock hit 5-ish, me and the drink were boon companions. My brain would let out a big sigh.
Some very recent medical and home repair urgency's have left me without discretionary funds for at least a year so plans to tour the state, work on home improvement projects and create world peace are on hold. This is the era of free entertainment but I'm just lazy about hunting them down. I'm not much of a social person either so filling my time is problematic.
For my long term success, I need to find a new boon companion(s) or discover a Zen clarity to this dilemma. I should be able to accomplish this Art of Being Sober, just think of the effort I put into The Art of The Drink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment